Feb 28, 2024
The ability to communicate in more than one language has become a prized skill in the global marketplace. The foreign language major prepares students for this changing marketplace. The French track is designed for students interested in the French language and French-speaking cultures. Students will develop reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in French and be prepared to use the French language in their field of interest upon graduation. Study abroad and other activities are available to promote language proficiency. The program consists 30 hours of upper-division French classes.
For more information on admissions requirements, please visit the Office of Admissions website. https://www.augusta.edu/admissions/
Progression and Graduation Requirements
- A grade of C or better is required in all Major Concentration courses.
- For information on foreign language credit by examination through CLEP, the International Baccalaureate Program or the Defense Language Institute, see the Admissions web page: http://www.augusta.edu/admissions/credit-by-exam.php
- For student and program assessment, the Department of English and World Languages has instituted the following policies. Except where noted, they are intended for all students enrolled in upper division foreign language courses, regardless of major, minor or degree seeking status.
- Majors must submit and successfully complete a Senior Capstone Project acceptable to the appropriate committee. This project is required for graduation.
- Exit Interviews - All world language majors are required to participate in the exit interview the semester they are completing their ninth upper-division foreign language course.
Core Areas A-E: 42 Hours
For more information on Core Curriculum Areas A-E, see Core Requirements.
Select three of the following courses: 9 Hours
Major Concentration: 30 Hours
(Grade of C or better is required in all major courses)
Select seven courses from the following: 21 Hours
Minor Concentration & Electives: 30 Hours
Minor Concentration: 15-18 Hours
Free Electives: 12-15 Hours
Wellness Graduation Requirement: 4 Hours
Students who transfer to Augusta University with less than 60 credit hours must complete the Wellness Requirement.
Total Hours for the Degree: 124 Hours