Click on any link below to be taken to that entry.
About the Program
An Environmental Health degree prepares professionals to understand the biological, physical, and chemical agents present in environments; how they affect community health; and how to control exposure. Our MPH-ENH students will complete a 46-credit hour curriculum that includes core public health courses in epidemiology and health policy and management as well as concentration courses in envrionmental toxicology and risk assessment. The program also includes a public health internship and a capstone research project. Opportunities to specialize in industrial and occupational hygiene and health physics within the ENH concentration are expected to become available in 2014.
Environmental health agencies, public health departments; hospitals; healthcare organizations.
The MPH Program is accredited by the Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH).
Please see the Office of Academic Admissions website for specific admissions information:
Students must be computer-literate and have access to a PC running Windows XP Professional and connected to a broadband Internet Service Provider. Hardware and software requirements for iMPH on-line courses:
- Pentium III processor (Pentium IV highly recommended)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM, CD-RW or DVD-RW recommended
- 40GB hard drive (60GB or higher preferred)
- SVGA (1024 x 768 or higher) display
- Full duplex sound card with speakers/headphones and microphone
- Windows operating system, Windows XP or higher recommended
- Internet connection through an ISP account or a network; cable, DSL or satellite required. (Dial-up Internet connection is not acceptable for this program.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (or higher to include Access 2007)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher
- Additional course specific applications Proprietary browser versions (those not downloaded directly from Microsoft) may not work reliably with on-line systems. If you use other “Office” type programs, some professors may require you to convert your files to an MS-Office-compatible format for on-line submission. Your connection to the Internet may initiate behind a firewall; however, the firewall settings may have to be adjusted to accommodate our Web-based tool.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
For estimated tuition and fees, please see the Financial Information section of this catalog.